Your website is the front door to your business: 75% of users admit to making judgments about a company’s credibility based on their website’s design. Essential Creative Group collaborates with you closely to understand your business and create a user experience that grabs attention and stirs curiosity. With a focus on driving realtime results, our team of inspiring designers and expert developers are passionate about creating impactful, unique and functional online experiences to connect brands with their audiences – on any device.
Don't lose money because of your digital presence anymore.
GET A FREE CONSULTATION WITH OUR WEB TEAM TODAY!
Tell us your visions and ideas and we will transform them into real-life applications and products
You already know WordPress: a wonderful platform to build on that is open source and free. It is flexible and powerful, and when discussing Shopify vs WordPress vs Squarespace, it’s worth mentioning that WordPress currently runs 29% of the Internet (it’s not for nothing)!
- Full creative control over your project! WordPress is fully open source and completely customizable.
- Whether it’s E-commerce, brick and mortar, or a service, a website designed in WordPress will always get the job done.
- It’s very SEO-friendly if you follow proper SEO practices.
- It requires regular software maintenance, including backups, to keep it running glitch-free.
- If you want to sell physical products, it is an extra cost to make your WordPress site e-commerce friendly.
- Custom build-outs are costlier due to labor hours our developers will spend on your project
Shopify is an awesome one-stop shop for a low maintenance e-commerce friendly website builder. If your brand is looking for a really nice, fully functional website that sells all your products effectively and efficiently, Shopify may be your choice.
- Awesome templates that are easy, inexpensive, and fast to build on
- E-commerce is the name of their game so if you’re building a site with 20+ items Shopify is the clear choice.
- They even take care of security and every single update for you.
- It’s programmed on Liquid so it’s more costly for custom coding tweaks.
- All your files live on Shopify so, if you want to switch platforms later, you cannot carry over your files and instead will have to build your site up again from scratch.
- SEO power isn’t great but apps may help this issue.
Some general summary about Squarespace here
- Easier E-commerce set up.
- Security and maintenance are all taken care of and SSL included (same as Shopify)
- Very user-friendly
- Just like with Shopify, your website files will all live on Squarespace so if you want to switch platforms, you cannot carry over your files and instead have to build it up again from scratch.
- It only integrates with the payment gateways Stripe and PayPal.
- Less SEO power than with Shopify or WordPress